Flint Cottage is located within a Conservation Area, and the building is locally Listed together with the adjoining cottage, identified as a building that contributes to the areas special character. The original cottages were constructed during the 1860’s, with modern side garage and rear kitchen additions.
The proposal was to construct a two-storey side, single storey rear extension and loft conversion to the property by removing the existing garage and kitchen extension, which are of modern construction and of no architectural or historical merit.
The new additions remain subservient to the original house by reducing the ridge height and offsetting the side extension from the front elevation. Materials proposed are in keeping with those found on the existing property and the local vernacular.